$800 PS3

Would you buy a Sony PS3 for $800?

• Total voters

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
499 for the low end, 599 for the higher one. Considering the specs on the BluRay player they are putting in, and the fact that a lot of us were thinking it would be much better, we were pretty much right on the money.

Good ****ing Game:

ReiGn said:
No.

And PS3 will be $399.99. Sony manufactures their own hardware. plus they've always sold PlayStations at a loss.
_JaKE said:
its not gonna be $800, its the worst false rumor i eva heard. max will be $500

L

Laharl

Technically Jake was right on the dollar for the low end system. Way to release an almost unafforable system, Sony.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Go read the specs on the Low End system. Theres no actual reason to buy it.;

L

Laharl

Anyone who judges a console based on specs is in no way a real gamer.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You obviously havnt seen the difference in the two versions, have you?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Gg Canada I guess. I haven;t bought anything sony since PS1...who is getting PS3 and why? I want to know why. I want a Wii too, so it's the decision-making that I don't want to do without any outside opinions. :p

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Corporal Awesome said:
You obviously havnt seen the difference in the two versions, have you?
No card slots/hdmi ports/wifi really sucks, but at least it can still output 1080p/play blu-ray movies.

@DM: And why am i getting a PS3? because of the games of course. getting a Wii too.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Price: PS3 has two price points - 500 for the 20 gig ahrddrive, 600 for the 80 gig, and extra ports, and hdmi in/out, and a BUNCH of other shit. Basically, it's 600 bucks. Wii will sit somewhere around 200 - 50 bucks either way.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
Anyone who judges a console based on specs is in no way a real gamer.
So what the **** do you judge it by? Who makes it?! I know you are a liberal that hates Microsoft for NO reason other than its Microsoft. Can you say Halo3? That's what I thought.

Specs are whats its about. I guess you buy things by have much they sparkle or how cool the stickers they put on it??!

Sorry I snapped but Christ! Based on specs?! :huggles

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Camel said:
So what the **** do you judge it by? Who makes it?! I know you are a liberal that hates Microsoft for NO reason other than its Microsoft. Can you say Halo3? That's what I thought.

Specs are whats its about. I guess you buy things by have much they sparkle or how cool the stickers they put on it??!

i think what the homo was trying to get across is that its more about the games then the specs.

If the PS3 wins the next console war, it'll be because of the jap fan boys.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Camel said:

How bout the games your going to be playing on it. But i guess you don't play games on it, your just listen to the hum of the fan, and the warm glow your processors make when they arn't used to play any good games.

L

Laharl

Actually, I hate Microsoft for releasing instable OS, then turning around and trying to make consoles. Anyways.

That's my point. Consoles are to play games on. To hell with the rest. If I want to watch DVDs, I'll buy a DVD player. If I want to listen to music, I'll either use my ipod, computer or a cd player. If I want to play games I'll use my console.

yomama11

Member!
Reaction score
heck no i wouldn't buy one for 800$ that isn't worth 800$