300+ Reasons why WC is better then SC

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by FakeNameHere
uhh, whats Unit portrait healing?
Well when you need to heal a guy, you just cast the spell on the portrait. The unit is healed. That way you don't have to look around trying to find where the almost dead unit is to heal it. The whole unit portrait system for WC3 is way better than starcrafts.

And about the 7 queues. It is an improvement from starcraft, so i put it on there. Like it says in the thread: "300+ Reasons why WC is better then SC"

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Blizzard could've made SC up to 100 queues if they wanted to.
And people just get lazy b/c you can queue upgrades.
So to me, it doesnt make that much difference btw SC and WC.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by a@...
Blizzard could've made SC up to 100 queues if they wanted to.
And people just get lazy b/c you can queue upgrades.
So to me, it doesnt make that much difference btw SC and WC.
Actually you are quite wrong. Obviously you don't know much about programming/netcode/games in general. The reason why blizzard keeps the queues at seven is quite simple. It would not be good for the netcode. Everything that blizzard has done in its games (including the "only select 12 units" thing) has been to increase speed on the internet. That is why C&C:Generals is so laggy, you can select an infinite number of units, if the computer hasn't blown a fuse yet. Being able to queue up 7 units is a slight improvement, it isn't a huge difference but it is.

Being able to queue upgrades is a good thing. You think people are lazy because they can queue upgrades???? Have you ever in your life even played WC3: TFT competitively? If you have you would obviously know that multi-tasking^10 is required. Being able to queue upgrades helps aleviate the multi-tasking in TFT.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Well. if you think warcraft III is sooo good game, that's good.

Because Starcraft 2 is going to be even better.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by a@...
Well. if you think warcraft III is sooo good game, that's good.

Because Starcraft 2 is going to be even better.
No SH*T. A bright one you are. Newer games are always better...and it takes you a whole post to get this concept. Starcraft is a cool old game, I used to absolutely love it. However newer games took its place that were way better. Same will happen with SC2.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
111: The uber splats own! When buildings/units get destroyed it is much cooler to see the splats/ in wc3 than sc

112: The space bar (up to the 7? last locations of interest)

113: Cheese limitations... I think heros and other things like casters help limit the cheese a lot

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Blizzard makes them both..So yeah..The newer game is usually going to be the best..I mean Starcraft Ghost is probably going to draw my attention from WC3 for a while.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Serial Thriller
Blizzard makes them both..So yeah..The newer game is usually going to be the best..I mean Starcraft Ghost is probably going to draw my attention from WC3 for a while.

Yep, very true. SC Ghost might not take a whole bunch since it is going to be on console though. If it was for PC then a lot of people would leave WC3 and go for SC Ghost.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
It's going to be for X-Box and PC, I thought..

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
StarCraft®: Ghost™, Blizzard Entertainment’s upcoming tactical-action console game, refines the epic experience of StarCraft to the level of the individual soldier. Engage the StarCraft universe face-to-face as a deadly Ghost operative in the employ of the Dominion. With the help of determined allies, follow story-driven missions that take you from massive planetary battles through dangerous solo operations to an unexpected turn of events that leaves the fate of the universe in your hands.
It is for console only, it would be cool if it was for pc though.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Well then I guess I won't be enjoying SC-Ghost T.T

Grimace

Member!
Reaction score
X-Box is microsoft... they should be on PC den... oh well

I would prob get an emu or something... easier.

Oh i dunt get the cheese bit...

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I think SC Ghost would be cool if it was for PC. If it was for PC then I would probably buy it. I want online d*mn it! I don't like single player very much at all, I am all for the online experience.

XsexecutionerX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually I think that Starcraft: Ghost is only on Gamecube, that was the last thing I heard about it, I never saw anything about it on X-Box, Back to the topic,

114. I'm surprised nobody said this one, Select up to 12 buildings at once and set the rally point to one spot.
115. Select more than one building and make units from all of them.(no selecting one building, create, repeat 20 times)
116. Ancient massing, quite funny.
117. Buildings that attack.
118. Hero abilities(spells, auras, stats)
119. Different armor classes and different weapons
120. Neutral Heros
121. Nobody making 20+ buildings so they can mass units

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by XsexecutionerX
121. Nobody making 20+ buildings so they can mass units
Amen for that. I hated how starcraft required 7 or 8 buildings just so you could produce an army faster than the other guy.