300+ Reasons why Starcraft is better then WC3

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Oh i'm soooo sorry warcraft losers. accept the truth. starcraft is better, it's hard to belive it since you are warcraft maniacs. but it's okay, i understand it. [glow=red]‹^›[/glow]

WW2R

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
aight um it kinda unfair to judge sc to wc when u talkin bout graphics and stuff. I mean thing of it this way star craft first came out in 1996 1997 or something (right?...). wc3 just came out in 2002. that is a 5-6 year difference. i mean think of it this way... my old comp that i got in 96 had a 75 mhz processor and at the time that was about average. Now my comp that i got back in 2001 has 1.6gig processor. that is like 20 times betta. computers and all are advacing so rapidly. so basicaly what i saying is for sc to even be compaired to WC3 it has to be a awsome game. i mean goin by how fast comps are advancing wc3 should thoereticaly be 20 times betta. I dont care how much u like wc3 it deifinatly not 20x betta.

WW2R

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
aight srry if a lot o that is hard to undersatnd i really tired and not really awake....

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
51. Starcraft is older, so it's a classic. Better.

[GLOW=BLUE]- [COLOR=004400]The[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]_Ma[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]tri[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]x_R[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]elo[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]ad[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]ed[/COLOR][/GLOW]

Jon_K

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Reason 52

The graphics in WC3 look more cartoonish then they do in SC.

It's as if the 3d models have gradients rather then true modeled bitmaps over the shape.

--

Warcraft III is cool (I own it... play it rarely though) but starcraft just seems more appealing to me.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
53. wc is more of a long fairtale than a really action game

54. it is still almost impossible to find ingame screenshots of wc (i even made a thread in there and only bout 4 post. and all the pics suck)

55. they still use gold which hurts the worker's back but sc everyone carries the stuff in their arms, or strong teeth, or little transporter.

RaidenMZX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
underfire.vze.com
56. Think about the civilians the civilians!
57. Raining lightning on units is better than ice.
58. StarCrafts version of blight is so much cooler.
59. 200+ units is fun!
60. You dont have to wait for the game to load.
61. Do the humans have nukes in wc3? Nooo.
62. The summon water elemental chick is hot, kerrigan is hotter.

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by FakeNameHere
hey matrix, you didnt warn about double posting and using the edit button, who be better mod now?
I can't do crap about it anyways, I'm not a mod here. Who's smarter now?

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

trippy54

Reaction score
ONLY 97 REASONS WHY SC PWNZ WC3

1. Starcraft is only 10 bucks
2. SC has better map makers
3. No loading
4. WC has noob map makers
5. SC has BOUNDS
6. SC has been hacked to the max for maximum performance (hidden guys)
7. You don't need good computers to play SC
8. Warcraft takes forever to collect $, and units are too expensive
9. Starcraft- 200 food limit
10. SC CD-Keys are easy to remember
11. You don't have to buy SC: Expansion (B/c no cd-key needed, but WC: Frozen Throne does)
12. SC is more addictive than WC
13. the internet connection of WC sucks soo laggy
14. the graphics are worst. they are just blocks
15. i have never seen just the units fighting on any web site. not even blizzard all of the pics are cinemas
16. WC B.net system is really bad
17. WC takes forever to install
18. People all over the world still play starcraft, that proves SC is much much better than warcraft
19. you can't get tired of starcraft even if you've been playing it since it first came out
20. you can rush in SC
21. Starcraft Editor is easier to use than World Editor
22. WC b.net, You can't create accounts that have illegal characters
23. Starcraft comes with lots of good maps, but Warcraft doesn't
24. You don't have to worry about other AI enemies (creeps) interfering with an attack on your enemy.
25. Main game is so damn hard it makes you olny play the multiplayer mode, which in turn is more fun.
26. Futuristic weapons such as guns and tanks.
27.SC was first and is naturally betta
24. WC3 is way too ez especially with auto-casts.
25. U can mass a unit in WC and still win while sc u gotta make everything equal.
27. Warcraft has not even sold over 950,000 Copies to a country the size of Korea.
28. Warcraft doesn't make people dress up and have public games for people to watch (Korea, once again)
29. u haveto have only 1 worker to make a sructure while in wcu canhave all ur workersto make a buildingfaster
30. u can't destory a bridge like inwcso u stillahve to plan an attack from that area
31. Food limits give each games different strats.
32. In warcraft, you can't make transporters.(like dropship, shuttle, overlord)
33. Warcraft III is just another warcraft (I and II) game. So starcraft is more creative than war3.
34.starcraft is has ok graphics and has been rated 10 out of 10 for replability, story, fun factor. Oh ya it was also rated like top 7 out of 100 of all games in the world
35. SC has breifing, making for more to judge, more voice acting, with the ability to skip, unlike WC3's clips.
36. more balance then you think
37. Unlike starcraft, there're
No Upkeep (+10 gold)
Low Upkeep (+7 gold)
High Upkeep (+4 gold)
And you wanna know why some ppl hate sc and like wc3.
B/c they suck at sc, they lose everyday. So they lost their interest in sc. So they wanted to play new game. That's why.
38 sc units can't became heros so u have to protect him like every1 else
39. when the ppl in wc fires the arrows, u cna barly see them so no point of adding them to the game
40. man find a way to mere wc and sc and sc unit would win easily. a few irrdate, a whole bunch of bullets and they are dead
41. the 5 second countdown is sepreate from the chat
42. Starcraft better even though it was made years earlier.
43. Everything in Starcraft is easy to remember.
44. Starcraft has macromanagement skills
45. ppl still buy sc even thou it is getting "old"
46. Carriers are soo much d*** fun!
47. sc is in more systems than just for pc
48. People talk more about Starcraft in this Forum then they do about WC3.
49. every unit for the terren is "possible in the futre"
50. i can never find any wc ingame screen shots
51. out ppl blow up more realisticly hehe
52. Defult chat is to everyone, a lot better
53. Starcraft is fun to play over a LAN.
53. there are no lvls depending on how many ppl u killed so every unit is the same. in other words u must protect ever unit as if they are still at lvl1
54. u get to see more of the map than u do in wc (last time my firend \was playin helms deep on wc. u dont see a lot of the area. but in sc u see what u want and a little it aroud the area.)
55 in sc, you can mkae supply depots, and put tanks right behind them and piss everyone off.
56. wc is nothing but a poorly made mix of sc and d2
57. some of the sc buildings needs to be place in specific lcation. which makes u work harder to expan which is good since u have to sue ur head more
58. dude again at least the guns forthe terrens are at least possible
59. i prefer SC cause its less complicated for my small mind
60. the workers don't have teeth sticking out of their face well maybe the drones but they have them outside
61. the annoying comments (keep clicking on any unit) are MUCH better in SC, it remains more serouse yet humorus while WC is way too off and weird.
69 wc units are so medevil
70. wchas like a tower where it is almost impossible to destoryunless u attack it crazywhile in sc shuttles can eaily be taken down
70. SC is better cause it doesnt take stuff from lord of the rings NE trees are those walking trees in two towers, that fire monster that almost kills that old guy is an inferno, those orge lords and skeet, those black monsters riding horse can be somewhat connected to the death knight(going on a limb), the orcs are related in a couple of ways.. if you look at the cinema scene in WC3RoC you can see all of the orcs running down the hill with the funny looking swords the ones used in Lord of the rings. I think thats all the connections i found.
71. the UD is copies the Zerg and protoss, and the NE copies Zerg.
72. After i bought my nephue warcraft 3 a couple days later I asked him if he like it better than starcraft and he said NO he might grow to like warcraft better but right now he likes them both the same, so i must remember that it is starcraft that gave me and him the same love for blizzard games in general.
73. The last WC3-Mission (Night-Elves-Defense) is impossible to beat :p
74. The WC Campaign is just a copy of the SC Campaign
75. The WC B.Net system is awful
76. The SC graphics aren't trying too hard to be advanced
76. The SC races aren't the same (so they added 2 more...big whoop)
77. SC has the BEST ums maps
78. SC has the BEST map makers
76. if they have to put in sc units to test the new wc graphics, think bout where wc would be if sc never came out
78. Editor is plain and simple and easy to use, but extremely hard to master.
80. Starcraft is a game where the person with the most units wins and warcraft is whoever has highest lvl hero wins.
81. Starcraft can mass while if you mass in warcraft without a hero, you die.
82. You dont have to worry about keeping heros alive for their skills and need for a strong unit.
83. sc is faster to load
84. sci-fi fits me better
85. u get to travel more
86. Starcraft is older, so it's a classic. Better.
87. The graphics in WC3 look more cartoonish then they do in SC.
88. wc is more of a long fairtale than a really action game
89. it is still almost impossible to find ingame screenshots of wc (i even made a thread in there and only bout 4 post. and all the pics suck)
90. they still use gold which hurts the worker's back but sc everyone carries the stuff in their arms, or strong teeth, or little transporter.
91. Think about the civilians the civilians!
92. Raining lightning on units is better than ice.
93. StarCrafts version of blight is so much cooler.
94. 200+ units is fun!
95. You dont have to wait for the game to load.
96. Do the humans have nukes in wc3? Nooo.
97. The summon water elemental chick is hot, kerrigan is hotter.

its okay<3
you almost got to 300 gj!
its kinda stupid though because you guys repeated ALOT.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I like WC3. It's got a different style of strategy to SC, which in some instances, i like.

I prefer Dawn of War over both though.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Renzokuken said:
I like WC3. It's got a different style of strategy to SC, which in some instances, i like.

Dawn of War? Renzocracker is leaving StarCraft? Noes! :(

What makes Dawn of War better? :usad

StarCraft is better because the setting is in the future. :)

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Renzokuken said:

Hmm, never even heard of it. Who made it?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It's an RTS based around Warhammer 40k. I can't play it at home, i play it occasionally at a gaming cafe, trying to get better. It's a good change from mining minerals, you control points to get requisition and power and build off those.

Oh, and the build sequences are the BEST i've EVER seen.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Reason number?

This thread was made.... it only prooves that there are many reasons why sc is better...

oh yeah,its onlu 10 bucks... wc is like 30