2v2 Counter to Mass Fiend/Hunt Rush

SilverWind

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
A friend and I are looking for a counter for a Fiend/Hunt Rush, we vs several teams that use this strategy, and despite knowing exactly what they are going to do, we can't find a consistant counter that works, he plays as Orc, and I play as Random (so any race will work for me)

Here is how the strategy works:

The Night Elf will harass with either PotM or DH, preventing one of us from creeping, while the Night Elf is harassing, the Undead (With the Death Knight and 1 or 2 fiends and a Rod of Necromancy) will go and steal creeps closest to the base the Night Elf is harassing, while the Night Elf masses Hunts and the Undead Masses Fiends, once the DK gets level 3, or close to it, they will attack, typically we can survive the first attack however, they will come back shortly after with a Lich and Obsidian Statues, and not long after Destroyers, there are a few variations to this strategy where the Night Elf may get a few Dryads during the second attack or instead of going Destroyers they go Frost Wyrms...

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I hate that too, instead of tier 2 you gotta mass tier 1 coz they mass fiends and hunts. Make towers and go fast to tier 2. Hu: make rifles and sorcies fast duh, let the orc deal with fiends, orc can beat that more than Hu, maybe more grunts, BM 1st hero. Once you get ensnare and wolfs ud is gg. Elf: I play 2v2 with NE better go hunts 2 AoWs before tier2, no point in making archers. Again you deal with elf orc deals with fiends. Orc: 2 orcs, well grunts and maybe hh (not sure about headhunters) but better tier 2 stuff. Ud: make fiends and dk and do the same!

Orc is anti dests, gets ensnare if you're hu - casters , if elf - you make more dryads to counter them, or fiends or bats and wolfs. That's how you deal with wyrms, dests. I'll give you 1 tip here: Just hit the creep with a spell or make sure your units hit the creep at the same time before he coils a creep, just a game of time. The Rest is skill and control.