2.4 and it's Disappointment

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Why would it? That doesn't make any sense.

The fact they've got a chance should be a reward as it is.

But hey, I guess it's good that Sunwell loot is still better than those badges (although, as Kao said, not that better).

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That's an inaccurate analogy. If you got first in a 10 mile marathon and got 10 million, then the next week they decided to give everyone in the race a CHANCE to get 12.5 million, would be a better one.
Whatever. You know what he's trying to say, at least fking understand where he's coming from. Blizz wants everyone to be happy, but that's just not possible.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I understand where you guys are comming from, and I have absolutely 0 sympathy or care other than hatred towards it, because probably like 95% of WoW players don't know how good they really have it on this ezmode game.

Game-play wise, the most frustrating thing that can happen to you is either a) have someone loot your epix loot, or b) having to pay a repair bill because you wipe over and over on a boss that you just cant dps fast enough, or cant heal enough, or heals/spell dps runs outta mana, or there was some luck crits, blah blah balh blah blah.

Theres no losing gear that you spent 10x the amount of time you guys have raided WoW because someone accidentally aggros the wrong mob. Theres no downleveling. Hell, theres no real penalty for death/release except for the at max 20g a death. And by that time you'll have so much cash or gear that you can either not worry about it, or farm it in a under an hour.

Seriously, you guys need to just man up and not worry about how casuals are getting better gear. It's literally not going to effect your gameplay at all, is it?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Lolz internetz.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Souless, you are whining and complaining about other games. People have said that WoW is the best PvE game out there, so drop that useless argument about this.

What my argument is:

Badge gear should not be equivelant, or even and upgrade to Black Temple/Hyjal gear. It simply does not reward time invested for rewards, but simply superior rewards for the super-casual player.

They might as well start everyone out at level 70 with the best possible gear, the best possible spec, and twenty billion gold while they are at it. Why am I upgrading to a crossbow that some schmuck full season 1 hunter that does Kara every week will use too, when he doesn't do Black Temple, Hyjal, or soon-to-be Sunwell? Obviously you simply don't have the knowledge of this game to understand where I am coming from.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
All I see when I look at that is a giant QQ and a side of 'my e-peen won't be as big anymore!'

Reaction score
Badge gear should not be equivelant, or even and upgrade to Black Temple/Hyjal gear. It simply does not reward time invested for rewards, but simply superior rewards for the super-casual player.
I'm going to have to agree. Blizzard needs a bar inbetween casuals and raiders. People doing 5-Mans and Karazhan should not have access to BT quality gear, they're simply not that good at the game. If we have to kill from Archimonde to Bloodboil, Shahraz to Illidan, etc, and all they have to do is a 5 man? Why should we even bother.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Hahahaha, HxC raiders are gonna be qqing like crazy when cloth pallies are running around with your epix bt drops. hahahahahahaha

sucks that you **** spent so much time into your raiding to come out with results that are going to be a tiny bit better than these new token drops hahahaha ****.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You're just jealous we get to see what you'll never see:acclaim

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
You're just jealous we get to see what you'll never see:acclaim
You. Just. Said. The. Main. Point. Why. People. Should. Raid. And. Don't. Care. About. The. Loot.

Your reward is killing the boss. People may get loot that is equivalent, but they may never see any of the things you have. Reliance on loot is absurd. The change does not impact you, it impacts everyone around you. If you care that other people are getting loot a different way, then do it the same way.They will still release far more PvE content than PvP. You will still have more places to raid. RPG. Role. Playing. Game. Not EIAL, Everything Is About Loot.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
So, okay, let's all stop raiding at all and wait for Blizzard to feed us. Is it smart of them? Not really.

And so you know, I was just being as much of a jackass as Soulless tried to be.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It's still only 1 L. And you'll never reach my ability of being a jackass, unless you start now and don't stop till youre around 45. And even then, by that time I'll be at a much higher level than you=/.

Also, I'm not jealous that you get to see BT. I've seen SSC, I've seen BT, I've seen TK, I've seen most of the end game raids post-bc. Have I been in a guild that's killed Illidan? No. But I pugged around on PTR when it was realeased and met up with a guild that got decently far into the place, so it's really not a concern for me.

What do I want more, my own time where I don't have to spend hours upon hours upon hours grinding raids just so I can get to BT, or do I want to sit in front of the computer playing wow rading like crazy and making it basically my one hobby?

Yeah, I'll go with uh, having a nice life outside of WOW.

Now, that isn't so say that you guys don't, but I am saying that you guys in BT have put countless hours into raiding for next to nothing oter than 'lolloot' and the experience. Also,that's not to say that I havn't spent the last whatever just sitting on my computer grinding through WoW with my ****tyass paladin, because I have. But I don't have that super commitment to raiding like you guys do, and I never plan on it. Because I'm a casual.

And if we ever meet in game through some BG or something, and I wipe the floor with you with my 'free BT epics' from tokens as a Holy Pally, I'm going to post it on here, and laugh at you. Until you leave the site. Because obviously, those of us that can't dedicate so much time raiding are bad players and we arn't nearly as skilled as you.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You're right, I fail at being a jackass :(

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah man, do they sell guides for being jackasses? Us sad sods need all the help we can :(

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Oh, you played the "Life" Card! You're a ****ing idiot.

Once again, you have failed horribly at actually reading what I bolded in my post. Seriously learn how to read and respond, or just be a tool like your normal self. Seems the moment that my post clicked in your brain you went all "QQ" mode and decided to post a bunch of useless crap.

You just don't get it. Just because you can't devote as much time to a game as others doesn't mean you should be eligible for the same rewards. Why should I stay for 20 years in the military? I want my retirement check right now, and I've only been in for 2.5 years. Obviously I have the skill and knowledge of a 4-star general, so why can't I be treated like one?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
qq qq qq qq qq qq qq

hahaha ill oneshot you with a holy shock because of these new itams cause you guys suck qq more about it please.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
As I said.

Soulless is just jealous kekburbay

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Ok, Kao, here's my 2 cents.

What do you think is going to happen when they lift the attunements? The same thing that happened when they dropped TK/SSC's attunements. Undergeared people are going to wipe like crazy and be stuck there, like they still are. I'm referring to those people who refused to gear up to where they could handle Mag without dying from frenzy or beating Gruuls without being 1 shot or getting reverred with the appropriate factions to being attuned in the first place. No, they are going to wipe in there until they get enough members that are geared enough to piggyback them just like what happened when they lifted this attunement. You won't see casuals in BT gear for another long while.

As for the casuals getting some 150 badge crossbow, do you have any idea how long it's going to take me to grind up 150 badges? I work during our servers peak raid times, and I refuse to transfer to a server that fits my play times. So considering I played 8 hours a day and average 4-5 heroics a day (not even considering the time it would take to set up a pug, so it would be more like 2-3 being realistic), even if I did dailies, it would take me months of playing 8 hours a day every day farming heroics and nothing else. Wait a second, 8 hours a day, you call that casual? No, I don't consider that very casual, I consider that someone who just loves the server they are on but can't be online during peak hours due to real life. Not even a social life. Do I deserve an epic for that much grinding? Like hell I do. It will be the hardest epic I've ever ****ing worked for.

As far as those people who actually clear Kara and ZA once a week for badges, do I think they deserve the gear? Hell yes. Blizzard isn't gearing that to casuals so to speak, they are just trying to give everyone in the game at least a shot not to catch up, but to see the content before it's obsolete.

I don't know why you are so upset about people being equally geared as you, It's going to take a lot of work for anyone to save up 150 badges. Just for a bow no less. And even if after all that saving up they did manage to save over 300 badges to get a few pieces of badge gear, that's not going to compensate for the fact that they don't understand how to play their class. Do you think some scrub hunter that just followed instructions and/or was piggybacked all the way to getting their gear is going to outDPS you? No, it's not going to happen, gear will only take you so far without skill. These people are only going to experience the content, they aren't going to be able to farm it like Dark Entropy has, or Rage has, etc. So what do I think about people getting BT quality gear for doing Kara? More power to them. You get about 20 badges from Kara and 20 badges from ZA a week. 40 badges a week for those who are actually raiding hardcore, but are just behind. Blizz is speeding things up. They still don't have the bragging rights of seeing Illidan months before anyone else, little less beating them.