1001 Things we want to see in SC2

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Wowie! A triple post! Hope the moderators are slackers at this hour, or you might get warned for that one, dudet! :)

StarCraft II has Beta-pictures? I would like to see them please!! :D

Since the order of numbers has been offhanded in this thread, based on the suggestions, let's just start out at 310 and work our way up! ^_^

310) Weather effects! I want to see wind making my marines slower! I want to see rain turning the terrain into mud, making my goliths hard to manuver! I want to see...snow, to freeze my zerg larve?! ^^;; I would just like some in-game weather effects, that set the dynamics for alter-game senarios and to change how the game is played! You could use weather to your advantage or it could be a disadvantage to you!

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the beta pictures should be posted here in the forums somewhere- might have to check the archive
matt/zerglite, i think your gonna get banned before friday.
thats 2 warning points in this thread for triple posting, another double post in another thread, and one spam point i think..
one night and you get 4 points- W007!
heres a link to another website:
http://www.sclegacy.com/features/evolution.php

check this out:

this is one im most proud of- he air units banking when they turn:

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
WOWIE! That's really, really, REALLY cool! I find it so weird that beta and alpha ansd all those stages, I find it weird that their building models were better looking (In my opinion!) then the ones they have on StarCraft now! Like the Terran ones and stuff, they look more detailed...I love it! That was a really great thing to read, because I never knew about that at all! Thanks Pains Requiem person! :D

And to stay on topic! ^^;;

311) Better music? I loved StarCraft's Music, but by better, I also mean more! More musical tracks for each race, say 6 for each one, that sounds pretty good! I love Zerg1 and Terran 1, those are the expansion themes to StarCraft Brood War, and they totally rock! I want to see better and more music in the upcoming installation in the Starcraft Series! :)

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think they looked alot worse. If you played WC2 that's nearly identical to how their units look. Most likely there was little to no animation.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
312) when tanks and other mechanical buildings explode, i want more of a explosion than just a "poof" and a few beeps-and particles left behind, like when buildings die
i want splash damage to units around mechanical units when they explode. like 1 damage at the least..
a zergling can rape a tank in seige mode, but when the tanks explodes it disapears and you know a zergling cant take the heat of a explosion..

313)flinching-
lets say 2 opposing marines meet eachother, red and blue-same upgrades, no stimpack no extra range.
blue has his back turned to red, who opens fire. instead of instantly turning around, blue kinda "jumps" after being shot at, and takes a while to turn back around and open fire back.
thats more realistic

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Many people loved this version. Goliaths had a machine gun, flame-thrower, and missiles to unleash on ground targets. Transport units landed to load units, and units didn't simply disappear and appear when loaded in and out of transports. The game at this point, was still very Alpha.
sweetness .

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I meant the buildings, not the units. Let me link you! :)

See! The buildings in that picture look a bit better and more detailed then they do in-game. That's what I was talking about! ^_^

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Mainly, the Machine Shop and the Factory Buildings. the others look a bit worse, and marines were named maruaders! That's pretty funny I think.. :D And they had weird Mk4 signs and other things back in those old stages of the game. it would be really cool, just once, to go back and test the game in the stages of developementthat it went through. Would anyone else enjoy an experience like that? Especially with StarCraft! :)

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
also notice that buildings could have more than 1 add-on at a time. it can be both helpful and hurtful...

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
lol this thread is still going?
and i agree with the addons, more than one would be an interesting aspect

WW2R

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
314) squad commanders. for example. right now all the units have very basic leadership skills. if you dont command them to do anything, then all they will do is move into range and shoot back if they are shot. and some times chase the enemy. but imagine if you could have a unit that whould be able to command a group of units. This commander would be unarmed and take orders from you (the player) but it could give a little better leadership that the basic unit. example: lets say you have a group of units which you order to take a hill. there a 5 tanks gaurding this place. normaly they units would just run up their and be slaughtered by the tanks. but lets say you had a commander with them. the commander could automaticly tell a few of the ghost in the attack force to lock down the tanks or foucus on key targets. things like that. or the other idea would be to have the command basically just used as a mass attack type thing. this can come in handy esp with the zerg. each commander would respond dirrectly to you and have say 12 units that it would relay what ever orders you gave to it down to the units under its command. so if you tell the commander to attack point A, it would automaticaly have those 12 units come with it. this would serve the problem of not having enough hot keys for all the units in your attack force. instead of being able to control 120 units you can now control a theoretical 1440 units that could be controled. this will especaily come in handy in ums gaves were you are able to superceed the supply limit or if they change the supply limit to say 400.

karmakarmel

Reaction score
315) dont make the graphics 3d it takes away from stradegy and gameplay
316) make 2 expansion packs for sc2

PauseBreak

Reaction score
317) Allow trade of resources between allies

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
317: Make a more indepth storyline. Starcraft had an awesome storyline, but what I am aiming for is mainly an improvement. Basically, say more CG Sequences, more dialogue in the mission briefings, and more ''action''. Profanity, drama, that sort of thing. Spice things up a little and make it preferabnly more graphic so it can intertain atleast a few people.

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
318: more units, like ones from the cinimatics, like that big huge sucker from the first SC film that blows the crap out of the terran.

in regard to past statements, those beta pictures are from the current starcraft.... NOT starcraft II, i think you need to read your sorces

kilrogdeadeye

Reaction score
more stuff

319- better graphics
320- better gameplay
321- a dead kerrigan
322- a naked kerrigan

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com