1 prob about d3

J

junior45

what about these guys?

OKay, we beat Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo and Baal.....but what about Azmodan and Belial? Are they fighting in Hell? Maybe they would be involved with Diablo 3? Check out Diablo 1 manual.

SirKillallott

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maybe the guys that got fired/quit will make a d3 maybe not called d3 but if they have the majority they can make something like it. as long as it is like diablo i would sitll buy it if it was better than d2 screw blizzard if they dont make it.

S

Slob_Tron

check out this game called Guild Wars, its made by Blizz people that quit and its supposed to be like Diablo taken to the next level of everything

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yes, it's called Hellsomething or other, and it sucks. Singleplayer ....Hellfire? Prolly. You get to be a monk, which sucks, and theres some new secret alien level, which also sucks. 90% of this thread is spam, it should be split ;)

diablo2maniac

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol U guys are so funny, this whole thread is a joke! NOONE got fired, stop listening to these dumb rumors, if their true, WHERES THE PROOF? Err, and I bet D3 is comin out from Blizzard cause warcraft3 came out and it took hella long! So it will be the same for D3! :)

V

VampBlades8

Ummmmm maniac..... you have no clue what you are talking about. I know someone whos uncle works for blizzard. They are not currently making diablo 3 and are scarcely talking about it. MOST but NOT all of the origional cast got fired/quit and tried to form their own company but it didnt really work out. However, i have no clue where this expansion for Diablo 1 is about..... i have heard nothing of the sorts.
HOWEVER.... guild wars is a real game created by the Blizzard Alumni that got fired/quit if you want proof.... you got it...
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/guildwars/index.html

craun

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah the expansion is hellfire and it DOES eat monkey balls. i have it -.-. Anyway, I checked out the guild wars site. I'm hooked. That looks nice so i guess that the next D3 is Guild wars. Unless blizzard is pissed and launches D3 to try and compete with it. if they do im going to boycott blizzard!

JesusFreak

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You will not see any new games for at least 2 years, coming form blizzard. This is because they have two new games coming out this year, WOW and SCG, so they won't announce the news of a new game for a few years.

1.10 took 7 years to get out, FYI

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
'Diablo: Hellfire' was the expansion to Diablo 1, but it was made by a third party and was just so-so.

Flagship Studios is the name of the new company with Bill Roper in it.

You'd think that a new Diablo game would be made eventually, since it's a valuable property and the game was a money maker. Who knows why Blizzard isn't exploting the series, maybe thats part of why the Diablo Devs quit.

Blizzard will probably eventually make a Diablo 3, even if it's in name only. Only time will tell if its a faithful sequel, building on the quality and story of the first two.

That or they will decide not to make a new Diablo game, and will sell the franchise license / intellectual property to some other company. (Unlikely)

If Blizz were smart they'd be working right now on World of Warcraft, StarCraft II and Diablo III or Diablo Online.

But Blizz hasn't shown much smarts in the last couple years. Too much corporate mismanagement.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
The doods who made diablo 2 and 1 etc. did actually leave blizzard. They joined EA games or summin like that and are gonna make another game like diablo. i read it somewhere on the net. I just hope that D3 does come out

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by McGorilla
The doods who made diablo 2 and 1 etc. did actually leave blizzard. They joined EA games or summin like that and are gonna make another game like diablo. i read it somewhere on the net. I just hope that D3 does come out
They didn't join EA, they made their own company, Flagship Studios. They're making a game similar to Diablo II, in the fact that its a hack and slash RPG, yet it's based in an MMO world where there arn't "games" just the server. I could make a website saying that Jesus came to me and told me to kill all the jews, but that wouldn't make it true, now would it?

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Grieving Mendacity
I could make a website saying that Jesus came to me and told me to kill all the jews, but that wouldn't make it true, now would it?
That would be especially curious, considering that Jesus was himself a Jew.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
the doods who made diablo 3 left and they apparently have already started working on the game...i believe and hope that diablo 3 will be made. It would be DUMB not to make it...

Please stop picking on me LordOfMars

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
And just where do you get this information that they have already started working on the game...? Or is that just speculation like %99.9 of similar statements?

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by McGorilla
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Grieving Mendacity
They didn't join EA, they made their own company, Flagship Studios. They're making a game similar to Diablo II, in the fact that its a hack and slash RPG, yet it's based in an MMO world where there arn't "games" just the server. I could make a website saying that Jesus came to me and told me to kill all the jews, but that wouldn't make it true, now would it?

JUST READ THIS
Few months ago, 30 employees resigned Blizzard North after the founders and Bill Roper left. Among those employees, 8 developers created a company named Castaway Entertainment. Blizzplanet interviewed Mike Huang, ex-Blizzard North employee on January. Today, a press release made it to many online magazines. Castaway Entertainment has signed with EA. [/B]

Also check this out

http://www.blizzplanet.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=45

Now that ive read this ive realised that im getting mixed up...:D Ive been getting mixed up with flagship studios and castaway studios...anyway...my bad! :D