1.10 Activism

Status
Not open for further replies.

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
im definetly with Kao on this one. 1.10 is gonna be great. i dont care if they make the game impossibly hard, that much more fun trying to beat it. if it gets too hard, i dont care. ill play another game for a while.

and guess what, rushing will still be possible. it's just gonna take a hell of a lot more time. you know act 2? where you have to practically do every single quest almost? it'll be like that for all the other quests now. and you wont have to do EVERY quest. every act has 1 or 2 optional quests i think (cept act 4). and who gives a **** if you have to go find kalims whatever. sit in town, and have your strong, legit, high level friend or rusher go plow everything down in whatever dungeon you need to go in. when he gets to the chest he can tp, you can get the quest item and you can both leave. repeat for every quest item. hell. you dont even have to stay while he does the dungeon. go get something to eat or drink, watch tv, read a book.

and act bosses drop drop good everytime now. who cares? blizzard aren't retards, there not gonna make it impossible to find uniques and set items. now those gay named normal uniques have a better chance of dropping those types. so instead of running straight to meph for a crappy drop, run around in some no-named dungeon for 3-5 super good drops.

blizzard is trying to make 1.10 what they believe diablo 2 should be. its not gonna work. there is always crap that screws up games. blizzard is just trying to clean up that crap before it happens. i personally will love 1.10. i dont even care if they nerf the necro, practically the only char i play, down to worse then nothing. i will still make a non-summoning necro and try my hardest and danmedest to have him survive in hell cows.

as for you protestors, good for you. your standing up for what you believe in. im not gonna stand in your way, because i hate when people do that to me. your prolly just not gonna have any effect. but good luck anyways.

DragonHellfire

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i got my chars and im rushing more now just in case. neway i dont care too much about what blizzard duz as long as they dont stop me from botting LETS GO BOTTING

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Originally posted by DragonHellfire
WOW KAO U ARE AN IDIOT! u are saying that getting rid of rushing is good. BOY WHAT ARE U SMOKIN. No rushes means that ppl cant save their skill points. Thats bullshit. People will rush anyway. just cuz of the waypoint thing and extra needed quests ppl will have to pay more. and wow i type fast. and whats this i hear about act bosses not dropping good. then where the fuk are we sposed to get these 1.10 items from!
Wow, I don't have words for this. I can't even say anything, I am so blown away at this guys stupidity and nonsense bs.

i got my chars and im rushing more now just in case. neway i dont care too much about what blizzard duz as long as they dont stop me from botting LETS GO BOTTING
And hell....You are still an idiot. Blizzard will try (and probably succeed for a time being) at stopping botting. All they do is trace paths, and when you have a bot that does 2k runs a night using the same path, I think that gives it away.

DragonHellfire

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Answer me this kao. How would one aquire tons of godly legit items without use of bots, rushes, or as u probably use, ebay?

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Answer me this kao. How would one aquire tons of godly legit items without use of bots, rushes, or as u probably use, ebay?
You will find them. Hell, you don't need to have godly stuff. If you need to buy items to be good in a game, you suck. Hell, why Would I use Ebay when I have next to every item in the game? Hell, I have the characters I want. 7 total characters. So shut your mouth.

o ya. so it says "Kao you kill fast. Legit?" was this char of urs rushed?
Actually, that was one of my 4 characters that DID NOT GET RUSHED. She entered Hell cows at I think level 73. There, suck on that.

Originally posted by Azura
we have a slogan i think. and ill go make some sort of logo... later tho im busy.
I know! Your slogan could be- We don't like 1.10 because its harder! We Like playing the 1.09 version because its easier!!!

DragonHellfire

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well you still havent answed my questions kao. Where did you get "next to every item in the game"? Did you happen to just find a wf in the bloody foothills? And you must be very ****y. Unless you have a char rushed you cant save ur skill points. So how is this char able to kill fast with ice bolt and similar spells maxed out?

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Why do I need to save my skill points? Are you an idiot? I think you are.

Oh, and have you heard of mf runs? Yes, I do them. Oh my god, is that a Sin? Should I go to hell beacuse I can get better gear (what have you) for some of my characters?

And no, WF can not drop in the bloody foothills.

I found next to every item I have.

Oh, and why do you even need to save your skill points anyways? I never bothered with it, because I know what I'm makng beforehand.

DragonHellfire

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well those extra 18 skill points are helpful. If given a legit oppprotunity to get ur char up to lvl 117 in an hour, would u take it or say that you would be too powerful and decline. Situation is the same. You save lots of time and are able to advance in more skills.

Then you say that you have all these great items without botting. That usually would require you being on 10 hours a day. Do you even have a life?

The Ranger

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well. I think some people need to seriously calm the hell down.

As for my position relative to the 1.10 issue... I definitely can't wait for the patch.

Originally, I was sort of against it. I really didn't like the idea of cow runs being nerfed, because that's how I'd get my characters levelled up quickly. Then I realized it was just hurting the replay value of the game, so I was ok with that.

I never had a huge problem with cheaters; I didn't think it was all that widespread. Then a guy said "Want a SOJ?" and whipped out seven of them in the trading window. Naturally, he wanted everything I was wearing for just one of them, and I gave him some choice suggestions as to how he could spend the rest of the evening and left the trading game.

I've never been into dueling. Really, I'd rather play the game. Diablo II is set up to avoid PVP. You can't even indirectly hurt other people, even when they're out of your party, unless you go to town and enable it. At that point, they get a message, and they can avoid you or leave the server.

I've been PK'd once. Ever. It was a week or so after I bought D2, and my only multiplayer character was around level 25. This guy comes into the game I'm playing in and joins my party. He's around 20 levels above me. He asks if I want to duel, and I say no. So he quits the party goes to town, declares hostility, WP's to where I am, runs up behind me and kills me in two hits. Then he starts guarding my body and killing me if I try to get my shit back. His excuse is that I committed some kind of injustice against him for not agreeing to duel him (even though I'm level 25 and he's level 45) and that the appropriate thing for him to do is punish me by killing me and not letting me get my stuff back, thus forcing me to quit the game I started.

Luckily, it didn't get that far; I had a buddy who was a level 72 sorceress who came and fed the bastard some level 20 charged bolt. I got my shit back, let her kill the guy a few more times, then we left and started a passworded game.

I now have a few friends that I play with. I have extremely little contact with players other than them. Every game I play in is passworded.

Why? Because the vast majority of people on battle.net are liars, cheaters, or just plain assholes. People love to hack and to get items they know are duped. Most players are dicks. They only care about their own fun and take perverse pleasure in spoiling the fun of others, even if it doesn't benefit their own selves in any way.

I don't cheat. Never have, never will. I wish Blizzard had a more reliable way of finding hacks so that they can ban the offenders via CD key. If this patch will stop more cheaters, I don't give a shit about the side effects.

Besides, even if you start a petition or send all the e-mails in the world, Blizzard isn't going to change their stance.

Something that players need to realize across all gaming, not just relating to Diablo 2, is that no gaming company in the world cares what a few fans think. If there was a hundred of you, it wouldn't make a difference. At the most, you'll probably get five or ten guys together. If you all e-mail them, they'll copy/paste to you the same response they send to the other five hundred people who e-mailed them about it, and tell you the list of features and explain why they think the patch will be so great.

But the crucial thing is that they'll tell you, "Well, that's just the way it is."

Even if it became clear that the patch was a bad idea, to the community AND the developers, they'd still release it. Something you have to remember is that no matter how shitty a game or patch or feature is, once this much work has been put into it, they won't cancel it. It could become clear to everyone that this would kill Diablo 2, and they would still release it.

Quit bitching. You're not going to change anything.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Well those extra 18 skill points are helpful. If given a legit oppprotunity to get ur char up to lvl 117 in an hour, would u take it or say that you would be too powerful and decline. Situation is the same. You save lots of time and are able to advance in more skills.

Then you say that you have all these great items without botting. That usually would require you being on 10 hours a day. Do you even have a life?
Yes, I have a job. And no, I do magic find runs. As I said earlier. If you can read, you idiot, you would see that. Anyways, I have already recieved enough rushes and now its boring. Hell, I don't even make new characters anymore- I only want to get the ones I have to 99.

Oh- about skill saving. You can do the same thing [glow=red]WITHOUT GETTING A RUSH[/glow] If you still can't understand that, then you are declared the Permanent Forums Village Idiot.

The Ranger

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You don't need to bot to get good items, DragonHellFire. You'll get SOME good items by random chance, and then you trade 'em for the ones you want. If you think you need to play 10 hours a day to find good stuff, then Kao's not the one doing something wrong.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Look! The Villiage Idiot is being himself!

UnrealShadow13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Kao
Yes, I have a job. And no, I do magic find runs. As I said earlier. If you can read, you idiot, you would see that. Anyways, I have already recieved enough rushes and now its boring. Hell, I don't even make new characters anymore- I only want to get the ones I have to 99.
How do you expect to get to lvl 99? Act 5 and Cows give very crappy xp. You WILL stop leveling past lvl 75. In case you haven't checked out the new xp penalties in 1.10, YOU CANNOT LEVEL.

What about the rest of us who DO make new characters? Selfish.

We may not make a difference, but I think it is possible that we may. Heres how:

There must be some blizzard designers who are not 100% with all the aspects of the new patch. We find these people, and gain influence over them through charisma and logic. Then, when we are indirectly in control of Blizzard software designers, we order them to destroy all Blizzard Software Co. Buildings.

Blizzard, crippled by the loss of computers, thanks to our inside informants, will put all attention into rebuilidng what they had, and getting battle.net up and running again, leaving no time for new patch.

Now, with the Co. heads already stressed,our inside informants approach them with the idea to drop the new patch. If he refuses, our informant kills and usurps him. We, the Users are victorious!

JOKING.

No, murder is not the answer, but 1.10 sucks. :p

VIVA LA REVOLUTION.

C

Cpryd001

Might as well just send your lvl 99 assassins in to destroy their whole office then. :)

I personally like the new patch. After quitting D2 for 2 years because I was god, coming back to see myself die in Normal makes me remember the goodtimes.

There is something nicer about finding that rare by chance rather than having it handed to you (Or stolen from someone else, or duped, or etc). Makes you feel the time you're wasting on D2 wasn't just wasted out of boredom.

It was to find cooler stuff, the wasy D2 shoulda been. :)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Originally posted by UnrealShadow13
How do you expect to get to lvl 99? Act 5 and Cows give very crappy xp. You WILL stop leveling past lvl 75. In case you haven't checked out the new xp penalties in 1.10, YOU CANNOT LEVEL.
Hey who said I wanted to get to level 99? The areas of the game that are not usualy 'ran' have been beefed up, so shut your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.