005's V/T PvP Guide

Contents-
I. Introduction
II. Stats
III. Skills
IV. Equipment
V. Stretegy

I.Intro

The V/T, which stands for Vidicated Templar, is a favorite PvP build of mine. As a player who frequently duels I find the v/t to be one of the strongest hybrids out there in the Diablo II world. With the sucessful completion of this guide, you will pk/duel games easier to manage and easier to own :)

II.Stats

Personally I see no need for max block on this paladin. Having a massive amount of life however will help alot. Pretty simple.

Strength- Base
Dexterity- Base
Vitality- All
Energy- None

III.Skills

This can be sometimes complicated and misplacing 1 point will do you wrong.

Combat Skills

20 Points in Holy Shield
20 Points in FoH
1 Point in Smite

Offensive Aura Skills

20 Points in Fanatcism
20 Points in Holy Shock
1 Point in Conviction

Defensive Aura Skills

None

In Short::

20 Points Foh
20 Points Holy Shield
20 Points Fanatcism
20 Points Holy Shock
Rest into Smite
1 Point Redemption
Syenergies

IV.Equipment

This will be the hardest part..

Wealthy Guide--

:Helmet- Perfect Griffons with 5/-5 Jewel
:Body Armor- Eth Bugged Archon CoH
:Weapon I- 35+/395+ Grief Phase Blade
:Shield I- 45 Resist Eth Vortex Exile
:Weapon II- 3/3/25/-25 FoH Sceptor
:Shield II- Eth HoZ
:Belt- Perfect 40/15 Verdungo
:Boot- Imp Shank (or other +18 Strength Boot)
:Glove- Perfect Draculs Grasp

::Charms- 9x 40+ Life Pcombat Gcs, Perfect Anni, Perfect Paladin Torch, 9x 20 Life/20 Defense Scs

Common Guide--

:Helmet- Ber Shako
:Body Armor- Any CoH
:Weapon I- Any Grief Phase Blade
:Shield I- Any Eth Exile
:Weapon II- Hand of Blessed Light
:Shield II- HoZ
:Belt- Any Verdungo
:Boot- Eth/Plain Sanstorm Trek
:Glove- Any Draculs Grasp

::Charms- 9x Plain Pcombat Gcs, Any Anni, Any Paladin Torch, 9x 20 Life Scs

Unfortunately there is no way to have a poor mans guide to this build and be sucessful.

V.Strategy

|Assasin|

Trappers can be tricky with the v/t. Use FoH to lure them in then charge and smite, smite, smite!
Melee Sins will be a breeze...usually they will die with a few foh/smite combos

|Amazon|

Bowzons are fairly simple. Usually 1 FoH will finish them off. Charge then FoH
Javazons See Melee Sin

|Barbarian|

Whirlwinders will be easy, Lure them in..try a few smites..if they have uber life just keep dodging the WW's and FoH.
Any Other Melee Barb won't stand a chance. A few combos will kill them

|Sorceress|

For any and every sorceress the strategy is simple. Just use FoH. If they come close enough to you smite thar ass.

|Druid|

This will be your hardest opponent, use the lure technique again, but when they come in smite as soon as you enter their Hurricane to avoid their Tornadoes.
Melee Druid's are basically no competition, just FoH/smite

|Necromancer|

Necromancers are tough. Make them come closer to you with foh and then smite away.
Poison Necromancer is same technique as Bone
Summon Necromancers are very hard..try to pick off the summons with FoH and then smack the Necro down with smite.

|Paladin|

Hammerdins are easy. FoH them until they tele onto you then smite.
Smiters. Well use FoH as much as you can but use smite to defend yourself when they come in close.

This is the conclusion of my guide. I hope some of you try it out and find it works :)

Epidemic

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im not complaining/but the format of the guide sucks
i hate the centered text

good idea though since hybrids are rare but the tendency is and this is also a good reason,

hybrids tend to suck. (ie any sorc hybrid; stay one element!!! dont be a tard)
(ie summon/bone nec, dont be a tard)

never tried this one though, looks like it might just work.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
wizspiker said:
this build looks bad im not gonna try it
this build is very strong. At level 91 my v/t had 7.6k FoH Damage, 3.1k smite damage, and 5.2k life.

@Epidemic this is my first guide. this is the strongest hybrid I have encountered aside from ghost sin maybe. give it a try.

i still need to add some prebuff and more strategy too

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just a thought, but wouldn't charge make a better melee attack? I haven't played the game in 2 years. But when I pally vs. pally'd I used a Charge/FoH/Hammers guy. Obviously with synergies that's too many skills to try to pimp right now, but you could pick 2.

The reason I say this is because smite required a lot of skill points back then, when there were no synergies. Charge seems like it could be good without many synergies since it's not as attack speed dependant. And maybe you could use charge with holy shock if you really needed to save points.

But then again, I'm not really familiar with how 1.10 works. But dumping 20 into Holy Shield and 20 into Fanat to pump smite seems like a lot of skill points for a hybrid to muster.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
c9h13no3 said:
Just a thought, but wouldn't charge make a better melee attack? I haven't played the game in 2 years. But when I pally vs. pally'd I used a Charge/FoH/Hammers guy. Obviously with synergies that's too many skills to try to pimp right now, but you could pick 2.

The reason I say this is because smite required a lot of skill points back then, when there were no synergies. Charge seems like it could be good without many synergies since it's not as attack speed dependant. And maybe you could use charge with holy shock if you really needed to save points.

But then again, I'm not really familiar with how 1.10 works. But dumping 20 into Holy Shield and 20 into Fanat to pump smite seems like a lot of skill points for a hybrid to muster.
the runeword grief from 1.10 will make any smite strong. a smite that appears to be 3k ++ damage will often be 6-8k smite total. Magical!:butterfly

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
What do you suggest for v/t vs v/t?

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
well..the main way you're gonna win in v/t vs v/t is by having more life. having better overall gear will help. it basically whoever has more life will win.

Greyman

Reaction score
I disagree with the build, Get max block. Use enigma, and the skill allocation is odd. FoH stick will get you a pretty high convection aura; But adding a few into it will bump up the -light res, thats better than having alittle bit higher foh damage.

Without max block you are going to get destroyed by: Chargers, Bowzons, Druids, Barbs..

Other than that, looks good.

yoimgarbage

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
How would you go about getting max block for this v/t smiter/foh? Really need to know, thanks.